Beaches Sea Turtle Patrol (BSTP) is making the world a better place for sea turtles on Jacksonville’s beaches. We document strandings for the Sea Turtle Stranding and Salvage Network, and transport debilitated turtles to rehab facilities. Holding a permit issued by Florida Wildlife Commission (FWC), BSTP performs foot patrols, conducts nesting surveys, and protects marine sea turtles. We proudly serve the beaches as a 501(c)(3) award-winning, non-profit organization.
GOOD TO KNOW
NEWSWORTHY & NOTABLE
- Read the 2021 BSTP Newsletter.
- BSTP is fully staffed. Please check back in 2022.
- The 2021 #CleanDarkFlat collectible coffee mug is no longer available! All locations are sold out. Please continue to visit Breezy Coffee Shop Wine Bar, Cup of Jōb, Round Bird Coffee Shop, Jax Beach Brunch Haus, Bold Bean Coffee Roasters, and the Beaches Energy Services office at city hall to thank them for participating. All proceeds support BSTP’s conservation activities.
WE’RE CELEBRATING 30 YEARS!
Beaches Sea Turtle Patrol, established in 1991, marks 30 years of protecting sea turtles on Jacksonville’s beaches. Over the past three decades, there have been many milestones and memories. Here’s a look at some of the highlights.
DO YOUR PART TO KEEP SEA TURTLES SAFE
Keep our beaches CLEAN, DARK & FLAT
- Make sure turtles don’t mistake trash for food by keeping the beaches CLEAN of debris.
- Keep the beaches DARK by not using flashlights or flash photography at night. These lights can disrupt nesting and disorient turtles trying to make their way back to the ocean.
- Clear the way for turtles by filling in all holes and ruts to ensure FLAT beaches
- Give nesting turtles plenty of space by keeping your distance.
- Leave no trace behind. Take all of your belongings with you including chairs, umbrellas, and other gear.
Beaches Sea Turtle Patrol is a proud recipient of the 2020 Top-Rated Non-Profit Award from Great Nonprofits — the leading platform for community-sourced stories about nonprofits. Thank you to all who shared their stories and for your continued support of our work with endangered sea turtles. Have an inspiring story? You can share it here.